It gives me great pleasure to announce that I was nominated for a Liebster Award! What’s a Liebster Award you ask? Well a Liebster Award is an award for bloggers by bloggers and is meant to raise awareness of outstanding blogs that have fewer than 1,000 followers!
Now some might not see this as a big deal, but for me I am tremendously honored that I – a simple panda – am starting to get noticed. What makes me feel even more special is that I was nominated by Susan Spilecki from Building A Poem, who just so happens to be a Professor of Communications & Writing at MIT and Northeastern University!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog
- Display the award (icon seen below) on your blog–by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- List these rules in your post
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1,000 followers
- Inform these people/blogs that they’ve been nominated and provide them with a link to this article so they know what a Liebster Award entails
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer
- What is your favorite book to reread? I don’t get as much time to read as I’d like to, so I usually try to read new things whenever I get the chance.
- If you could be any hero, who would you be? There are so many heroes I love and admire – comic, film, video game, anime. Can I make up my own hero? If not, then I actually choose Goku from Dragonball Z. I really want to fly and he always smiles no matter how hard things get.
- What is the hardest part of writing for you? Keeping up. When I first started I wondered WHAT I would write. Now I have so much to write that I wish there was a way for me to write faster – or multitask write while doing something else.
- How do you avoid writer’s block? I’ll let you know when I figure it out. Lol For now, I walk away, do something else and inspiration usually strikes.
- What movie would you watch if you were feeling down? Either Tangled or ANY Mel Brooks movie! Robin Hood: Men in Tights, History of the World, To Be Or Not To Be, High Anxiety, etc, etc. The man is a genius!
- Do you speak/read a second language? Which one? Does Latin count – probably not. In the past few years I’ve tried to pick up German and Italian; but put them off for one reason or another. Though I plan on picking up Italian again soon.
- What do you like best about blogging? I love it when people Like, Share and Comment upon my stuff because it really makes me feel like I’m making a difference.
- Spartans or Ninjas? Why? Ninjas all the way! They trained Batman, Daredevil, most of the Mortal Kombat fighters, and a season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Also, they’re not called Teenage Mutant Spartan Turtles … although someone SHOULD get on that one lol
- Captain America or Ironman? Wow, way to start a Civil War Susan lol I love Ironman and would LOVE to “borrow” one of his suits; but at the end of the day you have to love Captain America. He represents pure good and isn’t afraid to fight against evil in any form. I feel like we can use heroes like that, especially today.
- What is your favorite summer drink?. Strongbow Honey Apple Cider! The perfect balance of refreshing and yet not overly sweet.
- What weird writing rituals do you have, if any? Sometimes if I can’t focus, I have a 5 minute dance party and then get back to writing.
11 Facts About Myself:
- When I was younger I wanted to be a Paleontologist more than anything. I still love dinosaurs, but don’t get as many chances to express that love as I would like
- I grew up preferring DC thanks to Bruce Timm’s animated universe, but then preferred Marvel once their Cinematic Universe got underway. Now, thanks to The Flash and Daredevil, I love both DC and Marvel equally.
- I’m a black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- I like to Cosplay and plan on doing it a lot more!
- My favorite series of all time is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It was the first show I ever took the time to analyze and one day I want to do an article series about all of it.
- If someone starts playing 80s/early 90s Dance Hits, I WILL start dancing. I can’t help it.
- At the time of this nomination, I am reading Aziz Ansari’s Modern Romance, and it is glorious!
- I still have an old N64 and will challenge ANYONE to a game of Super Smash Bros and Goldeneye.
- I love to play YuGiOh and talk strategy.
- My favorite Doctor Who episode is The Christmas Invasion ❤ David Tennant
- The more I think about it – and watch shows about it – the more I realize Time Travel is a TERRIBLE idea.
- Live, Travel, Teach
- What else Is On Now
- Creamer’s Cinema Craze
- What’cha Reading?
- Old Ain’t Dead
- Sniping In Heels
- Killer Kitsch
- Unlocking The Magic
My Questions For Them:
- What is your favorite TV show?
- If you could have any superpower, which would it be?
- Why do you blog?
- If you could travel to any time period – but NOT affect anything – which would you choose?
- If you could get a sequel to ANY film, which would you choose?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Describe your perfect vacation.
- What are you a ‘nerd’ about – comics, tv, fashion, etc – we all have at least one!
- What is your dream job?
- Who is your hero/aspire to be like?
- If you could have ANY animal as a pet, which would you choose?
Well there you have it. Again, it might not seem like much; but it means so much to be noticed. I always want to give my readers the best quality articles imaginable and not just some ‘paragraph’ blurb that repeats what every other article is saying. It takes a lot of time and effort – especially since I’m the only one here right now. So thank you again Susan for nominating me; and I hope those of you reading enjoyed this Closer Look at me 🙂